Chipper Recipes: Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes and their benefits!
“This sweet potatoes recipe is made even sweeter with orange juice, cinnamon, marshmallows and a pinch of LOVE.”
Thanksgiving is only 3 days away! Still trying to figure out what dish you’ll bring to the table? Try a classic and easy Sweet Potato and Marshmallow recipe that tastes great and is good for you! Sweet Potatoes are a great winter veggie filled with important nutrients (see image below.)
Even with some sweet marshmallows, this dish is healthy and filling! Marshmallows sometimes get a bad wrap but they really aren’t that bad for you, especially if you try some organic ones! Learn more about marshmallows rise to f(l)ame in this infographic!
(Recipe makes 6 servings)
• 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes or cook and mash your own: One 15-ounce can of sweet potatoes equals one cup fresh!
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown cane sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 pinch salt
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (try organic!)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a 10×6 inch shallow baking dish and pour orange juice over.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt; mix together and cut in margarine. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with marshmallows and broil until browned.
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving Recipe? Let Chipper know and have a Chipper Thanksgiving!