Healthy Energy Banana Bites
During the summer, the kids are on the go! To camp, to the park, or beach days, they are in need of a energizing snack by the end of the day! Next time you are trying to plan a healthy, tasty snack for your little ones, try out these nutritious bites! They are easy to mass-produce and just as easy for players to pop in their mouths during halftime or whenever they need a boost. It’s one of Chipper’s favorite recipes since it includes nuts : )
• 1 small banana
• 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
• 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
• Finely chopped peanuts, mini-chocolate chips, or shredded coconut for coating
1. In a medium bowl, mash together the banana and the peanut butter.
2. Stir in the wheat germ. Roll individual tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in one, or a mix, of the coatings listed above. Chill until firm. Makes about 14 balls.
Variation: For a peanut-free version, substitute sunflower-seed or soy-nut butter for the peanut butter, and omit the peanuts and chocolate chips (which can contain traces of peanut).