There’s nothing Chipper likes more than making trash useful! Recycle a milk or orange juice carton into a clever carrying case for change, trading cards, and more with this easy craft idea. The carton’s cap keeps the wallet closed and you can get creative to customize and decorate this funky wallet!
The Carton Wallet takes about an hour to make and you will need:
- Half gallon milk or juice carton with plastic cap, rinsed
- Paper towels
- Wallet Template
- Ballpoint pen
- Butter knife
- Craft knife or razor blade (optional)
- Decorations: beads, sequins, fake flowers, etc. (optional)
- FIRST, Cut open the carton so it lies flat, as shown; put aside the cap for now. Dry the inside with the paper towels. Tape the templateon top of the carton so that the top circle lines up with the spout. Mark the outline of the template with a ballpoint pen. Using firm pressure, trace the lower circle and the dotted lines of the template so that they transfer to the carton. (This will score the lines for easier folding.) A ruler will help you mark the straight lines. Cut out the shape from the carton.
- SECOND, Use scissors to cut out the lower circle as marked. (Tip: To make cutting out the circle easier, first make an X with a craft knife or razor blade.) Use a ruler and a butter knife to further score the fold lines.
THIRD, Following the fold lines you marked, create an accordion fold on each side of the wallet.
- FOURTH, Tightly squeeze the accordion folds. Fold the top flap down, pushing the spout through the hole. Screw on the cap to keep the flap in place.
LASTLY, Decorate with anything you have around the house, using a glue gun to attach items, fill with whatever you desire, coins or cards or pictures, and ENJOY! Recycling has never been this fun or cool looking!